Thursday, January 16, 2014

Vegan Flapjacks!

Happy New Year 2014!

On the last day of term, Friday 13 December 2013, I decided that I needed to do something out of the ordinary. So I started baking vegan flapjacks. The last time I had done this was about two years ago, when I was leaving my internship/placement at Jaguar Land Rover. I worked in the audio section of Infotainment, and our team had decided that we'd all try and bake something and bring it in to share with others. The first time I tried this was when I decided to try and be vegan for one week, which I successfully managed during my first year of university in 2008.

So, without further ado, here's the recipe:

Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 25 mins

Ingredients:
  • 250g soya margarine
  • 5 tbsp golden syrup
  • 5 tbsp light brown sugar
  • 250g oats
  • 1 tbsp cranberries
  • 4 apricots
  • 1 tbsp sultanas
  • 1 tbsp sesame seeds
  • 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
  • 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
Preparations:
  1. Melt soya margarine in a saucepan at low heat.
  2. Mix in golden syrup and light brown sugar until melted.
  3. Chop the apricots into small, fine chunks.
  4. Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5/190ÂșC, preparing a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
  5. Add in the oats, stirring occasionally.
  6. Add in all fruits and seeds (cranberries, apricots, sultanas, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds) and mix thoroughly.
  7. Spoon the mixture into the baking tray, spreading evenly.
  8. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
  9. Remove and cut the number of pieces according to your choice.
  10. Once cooled down, they can be stored in an airtight container, ready to enjoy!
Baked on Friday 13 December 2013.
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to share them below via the comments section. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. yummy yummy!!!
    Yep, Huzaifa, my question is why U didnt invite me?? ;-* haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! You're more than welcome to come and visit me! :)

    Maybe you want to HH around UK this summer? :P

    ReplyDelete